Nominations for the RSA regional/national chairs and Fellowship Council close on Wednesday (more details here
), and the elections will run for one month from June 15th. One common complaint from Fellows around election time is that Fellows aren't familiar with who's standing and have no idea who to vote for. RSAde hopes to change this through online hustings, which we'll be piloting in the London Region this summer. We are hoping to gain voters (and raise awareness) because of the hustings.
The hustings will be run by RSAde on behalf of the Fellowship. Only Fellows who are not standing in the London regional elections will be involved in the production of the hustings. Interviews will be uploaded to a standalone website which will be linked to from the London City Ning.
The way the online hustings will work is as follows:
1. Once candidates have been announced (on or before June 15th), the hustings production team will contact each candidate via phone and/ or email to arrange a time and date to record a video interview; candidates will have the right to refuse an interview, but all candidates will be given a chance to take part; candidates will be sent questions in advance and each candidate will be asked roughly the same questions.
2. Video interviews will be recorded, edited to a maximum of 5 minutes and uploaded to the website.
3. Each candidate's statement will also be uploaded to the site.
4. The site will only go "live" once all candidates' details have been uploaded (excluding those who don't wish to take part).
5. Comments will be enabled below the interviews and statements; fellows will be able to post comments and questions 24/7; candidates can check the site regularly and answer questions as they appear.
6. Comments and questions will be tightly moderated with anything offensive or potentially libellous removed.