Many thanks for joining the 'RSA Catalyst' group on the RSA Fellowship social network.
The RSA team are looking forward to meeting with you all next week - it promises to be a very enjoyable - and helpful - day.
Do use this group to post your Catalyst-relevant discussions, queries, successes and more.
If you would like a seat reserved for Albina Ruiz's lecture at 6pm, please e-mail me: email@example.com
(RSA Senior Networks Manager - Online & International)
Here's RSA Director of Programme Adam Lent's introduction to the day:
The RSA Catalyst Programme has run for 18 months and awarded over 50 ventures between £500 and £5,000 as part of our efforts to mobilise our 27,000 Fellows to deliver new solutions to social problems.
To celebrate and offer further support to Fellows, we are holding a RSA Catalyst Winners’ Workshop. We have assembled an afternoon of presentations and facilitated discussions for projects awarded a Catalyst grant. The sessions will run from 12.30pm until 6pm.
I invite you to read the following pages which include an outline of the day as well as the biographies and ways of contacting workshop participants.
We will provide the opportunity to:
- meet Fellows awarded an RSA Catalyst grant
- hear from leading social entrepreneurs, funders, investors and intermediaries
- work through particular challenges facing your project with expertise mostly drawn from the RSA Skills Bank and the Social Entrepreneurs Network
- meet 2011 Albert Medal winner Albina Ruiz
We hope you will also attend the 2011 Albert Medal lecture after the workshop at 6pm:
- The Medal is awarded to outstanding individuals who have demonstrated social innovation in action. Recent recipients include Stephen Hawking, physicist, Tim Berners-Lee, founder of the world wide web and Tim Smit, founder of the Eden project. This year’s Medal recipient Albina Ruiz will talk about Ciudad Saludable, which provides a waste management system, alongside education, health and micro-enterprise-generation programmes in South America
- There will be drinks and informal networking for all lecture attendees from 7pm until 9pm
I look forward to seeing you there,
Director of Programme
I wrote to Alex Watson about this. I have an idea to present to the fund, but I want to talk it with you before sending it? Is it with Alex, with you, both?